Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Killer Stitch - Maggie Sefton

Vladimyr found this one at the library and picked it up, owing to our new found knitting hobby (yes, our)

This was a book in a series of "Knitting Mysteries" it was cute enough, not great though. I'm not big into mysteries in general but this one had some similar elements to a series I do like (The Cat Who. . series by Lillian Jackson Braun) - small town, story line other than mysteries, a gimick or hook. . but this one just didn't seem to pull it off.

I did like the recipe and the knitting pattern in the back of the book. I like the pattern for a cabled scarf much more than I like the book.

However, even though I didn't find this book fantastic, I will probably read more in this series - though not great, it was still a good "popcorn book"