Wednesday, November 4, 2009
The God of Animals - Aryn Kyle
I thought this book was quite good. It fell in the "coming of age" category and I thought that the characters were really well written. It was set at a horse stable and I guess from reading some of the reviews a lot of the story about how the horses were raised and trained was horribly wrong. To me that wasn't really a big deal. The cruelty to the animals mirrored the disconnectedness toward humans that many of the people faced in the story. My chief complaint here is one that I have frequently with books. Most of the story is great but as it gets toward the ending, it is almost as if the authors are in a rush to finish and the story just hurries up and then drops off. When a book takes us through several months for 95% of the story then several years in the last 5%, it just doesn't work for me.