Friday, January 16, 2009

Definitely Dead - Charlaine Harris

My sort-of new year's resolution when it came to my books was to read more impressive/literary books. Or at least to cut down on the vampires and chic-lit. That didn't work at all. The first book of the new year was a vampire book, the second, chic-lit.. . .

Having watched all of the "True Blood" episodes and finding that I didn't picture Sookie the same way as she was played in the show, I was concerned that I wouldn't enjoy the books as much, because I would superimpose the tv character on the book character. This didn't seem to be a problem.

I think I still fuss about how vampire stories all seem to include things like werewolves, shape-shifters and witches. Can't vampires be enough? The whole were-tiger thing was a bit much I thought.

I still don't understand why Sookie doesn't just pack up and move across the country and start over far away from all of these people. . ..