Friday, January 16, 2009

New Moon - Stephenie Meyers

Borrowed this book from a friend.

Do parents really let their children go into near catatonic states for months on end without seeking help? Do parents who watch their children spiral into obvious depression for months on end just let them be? Do teachers not pay attention to major depressive episodes? The first half of this book says yes. How sad.

Bella's friendship with Jacob was nice to read about , even if reading about how her potentially self destructive activities was a bit disheartening.

The werewolf thing - bah - it's a vampire book and I guess most people don't think that vampires by themselves are weird enough to keep a book going.

The sudden reappearance of Alice and the whirlwind trip to Italy. .. .do people really do that kind of thing? I suppose, in books they do all the time. International flights are expensive and time consuming.

This was not a bad book, but I think this is a set up book - an Empire Strikes Back if you will. . .