I've seen this book around for a while and was interested in reading it but not interested enough to pick it up. The movie just came out (which I actually have no plans on seeing at the moment). My sister is all about the movie and she read the book (she doesn't really read so it is always interested to find out what she thinks of things that she does read). Anyway, I decided to read it.
In general it was a good read. I love that it is set in London (instead of New York, I kind of get tired of reading things set in New York). I had a hard time liking the main character. She lied all the time. I understand that lies often are the tool of people who are actually addicted to things and that they are a coping mechanism for some people when they get into trouble or are embarassed - but she didn't just lie about thing related to her overspending, when she went out on the date with her friend's cousin, she was lying about the things that she liked to do - she actually told him that she didn't like shopping. I understand that books like to have nice neat endings, but it was super convenient for her to suddenly land a tv job that would give her the money to easily pay back her debt.
It was a well written book, but I don't plan on seeing the movie or reading any of the other books in the series.