Saturday, March 8, 2008

Cat O' Nine Tales - Jeffery Archer

I've been a fan of Jeffery Archer for some time now, I was first introducted to his writing through his stort stories (To Cut a Long Story Short) and I think in terms of short story authors, he's one of the best that I have read. He has the ability to write a story that I can get into without feeling like I am missing out on something when the story is done. I've also read some of his longer works and I enjoy them.

Jeffery Archer is also an interesting character in that he spent time in prison and wrote about that experience in three volumees (The Prison Diaries) I have read though those, quite a good read.

This book was short stories for the most part based on stories he had heard while he was in prison. There were some that I liked, some that I didn't enjoy and one that I am left in a quandry about: The story "It can't be October Already" I find a sweet story, a sad story and an upsetting reflection on society all in one. I think it is my favorite in this book.