Saturday, March 8, 2008

Reservation Blues - Sherman Alexie

this might be a book club selection, I am not sure if this was totally agreed on or not.

A few months ago Sherman Alexie was big on Minnesota Public Radio, I think he was in town to do a reading or something but there were interviews with him and readings of some of his books on the radio and such. I remember at the time thinking that he was an author to check out but usually, when I listen to MPR I am in the car and dont' have a way of writing things down and thus, I usually forget.

This book was an interesting mix of fantasy and reality - the real life struggles of living on (and trying to get off of) a reservation with the divine or mystical interventions thrown in.

I enjoyed this book and I think i will try to pick up some of the others by this author.