As I mentioned in a previous post, I found a whole bunch of books at my mom's house that had been mine. Some of them I did want to keep and have brought back with me. I have been reading through some of them.
I read this book in high school and I think I picked up a copy of it when I worked at a bookstore. I remember having read this but I didn't really remember the details. I enjoyed re-reading it and I wonder if my high school self picked up on the organized crime references, and the general sadness of the lives of the main characters.
There is so much written on the hollowness of the rich (This book, most of Oscar Wilde's work and much of the current "chic-lit" for example) Sometimes I wonder if this is an accurate depiction or just a way to sell books to the middle class. . .