Okay, I have been reading way too many vampire books. I don't think I really like vampires that much. Really.
Oh well.
I started reading this series because my mother and my aunt are really into them. I was visiting my aunt for thanksgiving and needed something to read.
I like the premise of this vampire series- that vampires are known to the general population and how they work to fit in.
I am not sure why vampire stories need to have werewolves in them, really, do we need both? In the MaryJanice Davidson series and the Twilight series as well as this series, it seems that vampires are not enough weirdness, that we have to include werewolves and other strange things.
Also, why does there necessarily have to be so much directly described sex in vampire books?
That said, I enjoy the main character, Sookie, in this series, she has a lot to deal with on her own and it is easy to see why she would be attracted to vampires.