Another piece of fluff. I think this will be my last fluff for a while. Though this was fun to read as well, many of the character of this book are the same as "The Boy Next Door" I think I have hit my limit on chick lit and this was starting to feel a bit insipid.
Perhaps, because I read two books set in New York City on the same day (This book and Clublife) I started reflecting on the New York Experience. I can't say that I have extensive experience in NYC - far from it actually. I've known some people who are from there, some people who have moved there and moved back and some people who have moved there and stayed (though that last group of people don't really talk to me any more) and I have even visited that city for one whole weekend.
Observations I have made/Questions I have. It seems that people from NYC and probably the fancy places in California all believe that people in between the coasts live in trailers and no longer have all of their teeth. NYC seems to be the center of the universe and the rest of us are just space junk.
In reading books that are fiction, it seems that people in NYC can stretch their money a little bit more than people out here in the middle of no-where. In this book "Boy Meets Girl" the main character needs to find a studio apartment in the range of $1100 - $1500 a month (my two bedroom apartment is less than this), laments that her wardrobe is only Ann Taylor (which is a brand that I personally aspire to, I'm hoping to slowly get away from Walmart and Target brand clothing) and spends most of the book eating out and taking cabs while making $40000 a year. (blah)
Okay. Enough books set in NYC and enough Chick Lit for now