This was an interesting book. I super enjoy Jeffrey Archer's short stories, I often pick up his other books when I need a long book to read (long weekends, plane rides, etc.) and I was super fascinated by his prison diaries.
This was not a short story but it was considerably shorter than most of his books. I felt that this was to its detriment. The characters were not well developed and it actually reminded me a bit of the John Grisham book that I read recently, or perhaps a bit of Dan Brown (Deception Point)
I am usually pretty good at suspending reality when I read books (hey- my main genre is epic fantasy, I should be able to suspend reality to read that) but there were elements of this books that were a bit too much for me. For example - the main character manages to survive the falling of the twin towers during the 9/11 attack and her first thought is how to get on a plane to England to keep an old lady (who happens to be dead) from being swindled out of a painting - come on!
I'm glad that the FBI (CIA?) agent got the girl in the end but this book was a bit more Clive Cussler than Jeffrey Archer. It was good, but not what I wanted to be reading.