Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lipstick Jungle - Candace Bushnell

I went to the library today. I remember when I was a little kid and we would get treats at the grocery store, I always wanted to eat them right away when I got home. I feel the same way now when I go to the library, I just want to sit down and read one of the books that I have gotten.

I spent most of the afternoon reading this book.

Lately I have gotten into this habit of "fluff" reading. I think I should be embarassed by it but I suppose that, really, it is no more embarassing than the fantasy books that I normally read. I'm not interested in reading literary masterpieces or Oprah book club books all the time (just some of the time)

This book:
I am not a fan of the Sex in the City tv show. I'm just not. I tried, but. . no. AFter reading this book, however, I don't think I would mind picking up the book however. Candace Bushnell (atleast by example of this book) is quite a good writer. This book was fun to read, and fun to follow the different characters. Most of these "fluff" books take place in New York City and really, I suppose they glamorize city life to some extent but the more and more I am glad that I do not live there. I don't think I could take that world.

Also the world of the CEOs, presidents of coroporations and spending more on a pony than I make in a year. . .not my world.

It's still fun to read about though. I think if I had to read about "my world" it would be very boring indeed.