Sunday, July 27, 2008

Undead and Unwed - MaryJanice Davidson

My mother and I recently discovered "Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore" (it's on Chicago, just off of Lake Street in Minneapolis) I have known of the existance of this book store for a long time but have never been there before. It is an experience. it is the type of store that you either need to know exactly what you are looking for or be willing to spend hours looking around. Perhaps what I really need to do is to go in and say "These are the authors I like. . .what do you recommend?"

But anyway. I waS walking around and this book caught my eye. I am not usually into modern fantasy and normally not at all interested in vampire stories. I have been reading a lot of chic-lit fluff recently and thought the concept of this book to be wonderful - vampire chic-lit. I bought it (turned out to be a signed copy at that, the author is from Minneapolis) and it was actually really fun. I think I might see if the library has any more of them. .


I would recomend this book to someone who is looking for some fluff, it made me smile.