I have been reading Robert Heinlein since I was in junior high (I think my first was Podkayne of Mars) I went through a phases where I was really into his "big books" (Time Enough for Love, Stranger in a Strange Land) but now I am "rediscovering" his shorter works and I am finding them to be remarkable.
Reading this book was a little bit scary. I guess in the current political climate I can easily see how a book like this really could be the "future history" of our country. In this book there was a religious dictatorship and there was enough of the rhetoric used by the leaders of this book that sounded like some of the politcal sound bites that I hear on the radio.
There was a small part in this book where a ram jet was being described. It sounded right to me but I still had to call my husband (he's an aerospace engineer specializing in Hypersonic Computational Fluid Dynamics) to check. I can easily pick out real science verses "science fiction" but I can't always pick out real technology verses "technology fiction" and I get kind of excited when I read about things that might seem like fiction but that turn out to be real - I was also proud of my self in that I have listened to my husband talk about his work stuff and things related to what he does that I was able to pick out some real technology in this book.
I think I will try to remember to pick up more Heinlein to re-read. . . I think I might get more out of it than when i was in junior high