Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bergdorf Blonds - Plum Sykes

I know I have been reading a lot of fluff recently. I try to appologize for it, I'm embarassed by it but in the end, I enjoy it. (But I'm still kind of embarassed)

I bought this book at the Hayward (WI) Library book sale for a whole 25 cents. I figure, for 25 cents a book can be fluff and/or bad and I don't feel bad about it. I feel even less bad than fluff from the library (I know that seems weird but to get to the library I either walk and then have to carry any books I get home or I drive and have to pay for parking so I feel that either way I need to make good library selections)

I know that I have read fluff and then complained about the New York mentality or the rich girl thing and yet I still read these books.

I think this one, if it has not cured me of this disgusting habit, it has atleast put me off for a while. I hope for the sake of humanity that these types of books are over the top but I get the feeling that they might not be. . .the people were so incredibly shallow, it was appalling to read.

I just found this one to be a bit much as well as a bit predictable - I was not at all suprised to find out that the "nice" guy who kept popping up through out the book happened to be the guy that her mother had been trying to get her together with since she was six years old.. .

But anyway.