Another Hayward Library book sale find.
This book became huge about 6 years ago when the movie came out. "Everyone" was talking about it, it was the thing to read, the thing to talk about and the movie to see. I wasn't at a place in my reading at that time to even concider reading any popular fiction, I was "above" that stuff or something.
Even though I have my favorites that may not be the most mainstream, I enjoy reading the popular fiction now, if nothing else, so I know what other people are talking about.
There. I have now read a book that was very popular 6 years ago. I know know what all of those people were talking about.
This book was interesting to me on a few levels. I envy the "Ya-yas" and their friendship. I have always looked on with a little bit of jelously to those people who have maintained a best friend or a small circle of close friends for a long time. That is not something I have managed for myself. Also, this book takes place in the south. I have had very little experience with the South and it is interesting for me to learn how different the culture is there from my upper-midwest culture.
Not a bad book for 25 cents.