This book didn't really redeem the series for me.
I guess there was a seperatly published short story that bridges some fo the story line between the fourth and fifth books. This is dumb in my opinion. I am not going to seek out this story.
This series is getting too filled with weirdness - Vampires, vampire hunters, feral vampires, devil spawn, ghosts, werewolves and zombies. Not to mention the best friend getting cancer
The whole bit about how Betsy's story was sold and is being published in a book called "Undead and Unwed" could have seemed clever I supposed. However, Jasper Fforde did a similar thing with his Nursery Crimes books (when Thursday Next was in the Well of Lost Plots the story that she was in became the Nursery Crimes series)this was done in a cool and cleaver way that was fun to read - especially having read the Nursery Crimes books before the Thursday Next Series. In "Undead and Unpopular" this just seemed to remind me in a way of how Clive Cussler writes himself into his stories - lame
I think right now there are two more books in this series. . .I'm not going to say right now that I am not going to read them but I am not going to go out of my way to find them.