On Sundays, my sweet husband goes to church and I go to a coffee shop and read The City Pages. We the meet up and then go out for breakfast/brunch. Well, this past weekend, there were no copies of The City Pages at the coffee shop, I still had a lot of time (it was the last sunday of the month so the church service is longer) so I went out to find another stand of newspapers. I ended up going to the Prairie Stone Pharmacy and I decided to pick up a quick book. This one looked fun.
The cover said something about this book being "The Bridget Jones of India," well, I personally love Bridget Jones and figured that this book probably wouldn't live up to that but I was willing to give it a try. I found that it was almost too close on purpose to being a Bridget Jones type book. Big panties and embarrassing goofs, smoking, drinking, being near thirty and needing a man. It was okay but not nearly as funny . Maybe some of the funniness of this book was lost in the different cultures thing.
I do really enjoy reading books from authors from different countries, especially books like this where I can see how the cultures influence the stories and the parts of the stories that are the same.
This was not a bad book, I enjoyed reading it. It was a fast read. A nice bit of fluff.