Monday, March 16, 2009

Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris

This is the first book in the "Harper Connelly" series by Charlaine Harris. I thought it was interesting because the story references so many things that happened before this book. It was done in the way that many authors use to remind people of past books and update new readers but there is no book before this. It really gives the characters a well rounded feel - they have more dimension than most characters in books. The main character is quite flawed but in ways that don't make her a total wreck but someone with stuff to deal with.

I enjoy how the main character has the ability to find dead people and know how they died but that this skill is treated in what I would imagine is a more realistic way than it might be in other books. She is viewed either as crazy or as a fraud and that people seem to think she should do what she does for free or that she is trying to scam people.

good book.