I got this book as one of my member benefits from ASCD. I read it during RAP.
The title alone got me excited to read this book. Right now I am working harder than my students and I think I am getting a little worn down. I have read a few other teaching books - most of the time I end up feeling down, that I am not a good enough teacher and that I don't have the means to become what I want to be.
This book is wonderful - it is written exactly in the way that would be the most help to me. It starts out with a quiz that helps you understand where you are in your current teaching - overall and then by category. Each category was described, examples of teachers at the different levels were given, there was a clear explanation of each category and examples of a changes that could be made. There were plans of action and planning worksheets in the end.
I still feel like I am a long way from being the teacher that I want to be but this book has given me a direction and a way to put together a plan to work towards my goal.
Yay!