This was an interesting book. It was set in New York (I know, again with the New York City thing. . .) and it looked a bit of a chic lit book. I am not sure if I would actually place it in chic lit. The unappreciated assistant tries to make her way in the city thing is a common theme (several Meg Cabot books, Devil Wears Prada, and a few others that I don't remember now) as is the single girl in the city looking for a boyfriend. But this story focused on the 'average person finds out that the world is not the world that she thought it was' It was really quite good.
After a quick look up on Amazon, it appears that there are several more books, which I think is good. They do have it listed as a "romance" which I can see a little bit from this book but. . . Hopefully the further books will be as good.